By making a cement floor you can get a nice leveling and smooth floor. You can for example finish a floor-heating with it. If you use Cementmix instead of water, then the concrete floor will become waterproof throughout.
Cementmix makes your concrete or cement floor through-and-through waterproof!
Below we explain how to make a waterproof concrete or cement floor.
Equipment or material you will need to make a cement floor
- Cementmix (or water, if you don’t want a waterproof floor)
- Leveling compound
- Long lath / level
- Bucket / cement tub / cement mill
Tip: You can use Permacon in case you don’t use Cementmix, or with existing and old concrete.
Step-by-step guide on how to make a concrete or cement floor yourself:
- Calculate the number of square meters of the floor.
- Calculate the amount of leveling compound needed. This may differ, instructions for this are in most cases printed on the box.
- Clean the underground and swipe it with ammonia to degrease the floor.
- Check whether the underground is level. You can do this by using the long lath, or preferably with a level.
- Fill possible holes with filler.
- Apply Permacon (or a primer) to the underground. Let it soak for about 12 hours.
- Prepare the leveling compound using Cementmix to make your floor waterproof, in a bucket, cement tub or cement mill. The amount of Cementmix depends of the kind of leveling compound, check the box.
- Start applying the cement in one of the corners of the surface, in an area of about 1 square meter.
- With a puller or a long lath you shift the cement towards the corners, it smoothens by itself.
- The next square meters must be applied in the same way. Make sure that there is not too much time between the application of the cement in the adjacent areas.
- Once the construction has been completed, allow the floor to dry for at least 24 hours before walking on it.